Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part? Sign in or apply for an account below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorhi-carl
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011

This problem started after the update 2.8 of HighC and update Java, I installed but never opened, I do not show signs of the problem, I think this damage is widespread.
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011 edited

hello and thanks for your report,

Can you mention which version of Java are you using? so far, noone has mentioned issues with Windows 7, and I can't test it right now.
    • CommentAuthorhi-carl
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2011

hi admin thanks I use the latest Java version 6 update 26, it is possible that no one has reported this bug, I have three computers and I can not open the program, not with windows 7 compatibility options, does not work on a version of (XP mode) on Windows 7, I hope you help me, thanks again.
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012 edited

It seems there were some problems on Spanish Windows systems. Uninstalling HighC, downloading the latest version and reloading it again may solve the problem. Otherwise, please check the following thread n how to report the issue.

Thanks for taking the time to report your issues: there are thousands of people using HighC daily. Eventhough some encounter problems, I rest assured that most find it easy to install, use and reasonably bug free.
    Hallo, i just want to comment that i also have a Windows 7 system in Spanish and experienced the same issue with the latest version.

I was using High C in Vista before and had a license for that machine. Now i want to use it in 7, but i haven´t been able to start it.

Greetings from Mexico.
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2012

Thanks for mentioning this. My problem right now is that I don't have access to a Windows7 system. I have a test version that may fix this problem but it is experimental, and I'd appreciate your feedback if it works or not.

Those are: http://highc.org/tmp/HighCinstall.exe for the 32 bit version and
    http://highc.org/tmp/HighC64install.exe for 64 bits java.

If you try them and they fix your problem, please tell me and I'll create a definitive version.

Sincerely,
    Thomas
    Hallo Thomas, thank you very much for taking the time to look for a solution for this problem.

I want to comment that the version for Windows 7 Spanish 32 bit is working, but when i install the 64 bit version non of them start, even if i only have the 64 bit version installed.

I´ve just tested them a few minutes ago so i haven´t have the time to really work with them, but the 32 bit version starts and seems to be working fine.

I don´t have an internet connection right now so i don´t check messages daily, but i´ll be here ASAP to keep testing the versions and let you know.

Thanks again.

Billy Franco.
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2012 edited

OK, installing and testing for windows 7 appears to be a drag. I'll still try to release a new version for both 64 and 32 bit java by the end of this month.
    • CommentAuthorhi-carl
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2014

Hello Thomas Baudel me know if there is a version for 64 bit, so you can use all the ram memory pc windows as HighC is a pretty heavy program when it comes to many calculations, interesting would be a version for 64 bit . upic digital program is unique in its kind, for me has been very useful, even for instrumental composition, I hope a new update, HighC is only for connoisseurs, nothing commercial. Greetings !.
    • CommentAuthorhi-carl
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2015

Thomas Hello my previous question was a little misplaced, and I understand that HighC works with java, but did not answer me, I would try another question, I would like to load sound samples and 32 bit 88200 Hz, but I see that this program has that limitation, only allows 16-bit load items, I suggest that in the next update has encuenta this, I hope will be soon, greetings!
    • CommentAuthorthbb
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2015

Hi, unfortunately, this is a strong limitation of the underlying library I'm using in Java. It is impossible to move to higher quality sample rate or sample size without a complete rewrite. This is not fully out of question for version 3, which would more likely be based on a C++ core lib and an HTML5 front-end, but I don't see this happening soon with the current state of sales.