Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part? Sign in or apply for an account below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorrudiz
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2014

Always when I'm using HighC it needs only some Minutes and the Graphic goes crazy like in the attached Screen shots. I can't say why and when it starts. But it's impossible still to work than.
    There is no text in the Message-Window (only: System calibrated for 55.4 oscillators in realtime. (0.578s)).
    I'm using a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 42000+ 2.20 GHz, Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 SP 2 and jre-7u67-windows-i586 (7.0.670.1).
    May somebody can help?
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2014

Hello,

This looks like a graphics driver problem, as you obviously installed the latest JRE on an OS (Windows XP with Athlon processor) which is not supported by the manufacturer anymore, thus not tested nor supported by the producers of the JRE.

Several ways to track this down.
    - in HighC, open Tools > Messages, and see if some messages or stack trace appear. I doubt anything will show, but still worth a try.
    - in Control Panel > Display settings, remove all hardware acceleration/select highest compatibility mode.
    - try installing the 32 bits JRE if you had installed the 64 bits or vice versa.
    - try installing an older version of the JRE (java 6, for instance)

The end goal is to force the Java machine to use a safer, slower rendering pipeline to get rid of the likely incompatibilities of the graphics cards with the newer drawing instructions sent by the Java engine.

As of note, this is the first time this sort of bug is reported, and I suspect this is due to a slightly old OS version used with a newer Java runtime. Nothing HighC can really do about.
    • CommentAuthorrudiz
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2014

hello admin,

thanks for the hint with the hardware acceleration. after removing it works really very well.
    only waveform-editing in large window works in extra slow motion, but it's not so important
    for me.
    however i did never experienced some similar effects with other applications. and i'm using
    a lot of them indeed. especially music-software also very old and brand new releases.
    nevertheless i'm thinking highc is a mighty tool and i do really like it.

thanks a lot.
    rudiz
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2014 edited

Windows XP is not supported anymore, by Microsoft or the Java and driver developers. There's nothing I can do to make it work better. Sorry.