Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part? Sign in or apply for an account below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorrbbekkhus
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2016

Would it be possible to start playback at a given time in the score? I often want to hear a tiny little bit over and over again. If one of the sounds in that little bit is quite long, and the bit I want to hear is placed at the end of it, I always have to listen from the beginning of the sound… Could this possibility be implemented?

Rune.
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2016 edited

OK, This is not easy to find out. From the documentation:

http://highc.org/doc/reference/p02userinterface/p02actions/p04file.html

Play: plays the selected sounds, or plays the entire piece if no sounds are selected.

hint: this action can be performed by pressing Ctrl + Space bar or pressing the "Play" button in the toolbar. If the shift key is held down, then the currently viewed area is played instead of the current selection.

In other words,
    - if some sounds are selected and the shift key is depressed, and you hit "Play"/spacebar, then only the selected sounds are played.
    - if the Ctrl key is depressed while hitting play/spacebar, then, only the currently viewed area is being played. Hence, you can adjust the section you want to hear using the bottom scrollsider, then hit Ctrl+spacebar.

Edit: I realize, on a mac, it seems the actual behavior is slightly different: you need Shift+Key to play only the viewed area, and the Ctrl key is inactive. I'll try to reset the proper behavior soon.