Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part? Sign in or apply for an account below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hi admin!

The auto "paste" that intrinsicly HighC does (very helpful for speedy work), some times generates difficulties (for me). Is there any way to paste something exactly in a desirable position?
    test
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2017 edited

Well, I must admit I tried to be too smart with this function, and it does require some fine tuning, but that's practically a Master's degree internship that I can't afford. Could be worth a publication too.

But, in case you don't know, there's an amazing power user trick with copy-paste: open a text editor, such as Notepad, or better, Notepad++ (which is free).

Copy something in HighC and paste it in a text window: you see your sounds in a textual representation which is quite easy to understand. You can edit this text, perform search/replace/duplicate on the parts, then copy it and paste it back in HighC.

If you know a bit of programming, you can even generate this text by a program and do algorithmic composition.
    Thanks a lot! I just tried it. It works perfect and it's amazing!