Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part? Sign in or apply for an account below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hello admin.

This takes place some times: I create a folder to save inside it a new HighC project. After the first time having save something, it appears an auto-created folder wich in its name includes "20%", for example:

The original name of the folder is "0316 DREAM" and the name of the automatic folder is "031620%DREAM".

Is this an automatic backup? Because some times, this folder is created after an unexpected quiting of HighC.
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2017

%20 is the code for the space character in HTML. Somewhere along the code path from entering the name to turning it into a file, this %20 is not stripped and replaced with a normal space character.

This is certainly not a backup folder, but maybe indeed be a bug, of Java or of HighC. I will dig further, but would need to be sure I can reproduce it. Which version of Windows do you have?
    Thanks admin for your reply. I have Windows 10 home, but the problem (for me) is older, since Windows Vista.
    In Windows 10 (I have them since the summer 2016) is the first time that I face up with this problem again.

The only think that I may set forth is this: every time in the folder including in his name the code "20%" there is saved the latest version of my product - saved automatically after an unexpected quit, or an unexpected "freeze". It looks alike a backup, perhaps (as you said) not been obligated to HighC, but to Java.

My system (for our "era") is slow: TOSHIBA satellite C50-A-19U (Intel Core i3-3110M - 500GB -5400rpm – 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600MHz) but when I started the use of HighC, before 10 years, I had a slower system.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2017

I have reproduced the problem, and it happens on macintosh too. The crash seems to be happening when you create a folder from within the "save as..." dialog, and also there's a space in the folder name. this point at a Java problem. will keep investigating.
    Yes. You have right! So, it is not a serious problem. Next time, I will start a product by creating first its folder and then I will open HighC. Thanks a lot.